The H-Cube® Pro Hastelloy is designed to extend the available reaction space of its renowned stainless steel counterpart, the classic H-Cube® Pro.
All wetted parts are made from Hastelloy C for improved chemical resistance. With the H-Cube® Pro Hastelloy, working with corrosive reagents becomes as easy as any other reaction with the H-Cube® product family.
How does it work?
- Hydrogen is generated by the electrolysis of water inside the system.
- The microHPLC pump delivers pure solvent into the system, where it is mixed with hydrogen using a mixing valve.
- The gas-liquid mixture progresses into the reaction zone where the system controls to the user defined reaction conditions (pressure, temperature, and flow rate).
- Once the desired parameters are achieved and the reaction zone achieves stablity, the feed can be switched from the solvent to the reactant solution.
- The reaction mixture passes through a CatCart® (a pre-packed column containing solid catalyst), where the reaction takes place. The product leaves the CatCart®, but the catalyst is retained.
- The product is collected in the collection vial.
- Reactions from milligrams to grams can be performed.
- Hastelloy C pump head
- Hastelloy C tubing
- Hastelloy C CatCart® columns with a wide range of heterogeneous catalysts
- No need for hydrogen cylinders, as hydrogen is generated on-demand by the system from water
- Wide temperature range (10-150°C)
- Wide pressure range (from atmospheric pressure to 100 bar)
- No catalyst handling with pre-filled CatCarts®
- High throughput
- Great reaction control
Applicable corrosive reagents
- Mineral acids and bases
- Strong oxidizers (such as ferric and cupric chlorides)
- Nitric, formic and acetic acids, acetic anhydride
- Wet chlorine
- Sea water and brine solutions
- Hypochlorite and chlorine dioxide solutions